To those of you I have not met yet, let me introduce myself. My name is Scotty Yates, I am a full-time resident of Paradise Bay Estates for over six years. I am honored to have been asked to be the Dockmaster for Paradise Bay Estates.
We are making great strides in improving the quality of boating in Paradise Bay Estates, especially the security of docks, boat storage lot & the “Million Dollar Lot.”
We have new security cameras, a new fence surrounding the perimeter of the boat yard & new gates
The “Million Dollar Lot” now has a fence that defines Paradise Bay Property and most importantly we now have a new professional Security Patrol Team.
Shareholders, Renters & Guests are required to place Paradise Bay stickers or Day Passes on vehicles, boat trailers & boats. With the proper Paradise Bay stickers our new Security Team can control unauthorized & unidentified vehicles parked on park property which will be towed at owner’s expense.
As the boats & trailers are getting bigger and bigger, I would like to remind everyone that we have a size limit for boats and trailers. Paradise Bay Docks can only accommodate maximum 23 ft length & 8.5 ft width boats.
At the time of this letter we have over 70 people on the dock waitlist. When signing up for the docklist you must read the Dock Rules & Regulations to make sure you qualify. Shareholders that have docks are required to use the docks under our Rules & Regulations.
Paradise Bay Estates quick list of the Dock Rules & Regulations.
1. Must meet Paradise Bay resident requirements:
2. Shareholders must reside minimum 3 months in the calendar year. Sarasota Bay RV Renters must reside minimum 5 months in the calendar year
3. Must be 55+
4. Boat must be registered /titled in shareholders / renters name
5. Maximum length of boat 23 ft
6. Maximum width of boat 8.5 ft
7. Docks are various sizes, slips will be assigned according to boat size at the Dock Masters discretion
8. Approximate Dock wait times for 12-19 ft boats 2 years. For 20-23 ft boats 2-3 years
9. When a boat slip is issued you will have 7 days for payment to the Paradise Bay office and 30 days to put a boat in the dock and present boat registration/ title to the Paradise Bay office and Dock Master
10. Issue of dock slip does not guarantee a space in the boat storage lot
*Complete detailed Rules & Regulations are available at the Paradise Bay Estates Office.
Thank you, and looking forward to meeting all the boaters in the near future.
Paradise Bay Estates