Activity Committee Minutes from Meeting on 12/27/2021

The meeting was called to order by Carl Kerr at 10am

Pledge of Allegiance was recited.

Wendy Graf gave the Treasurers report with a motion to accept the report made by Tom Farrington and seconded by Jean Colson, all in favor.

Tom Farrington states there have only been 3-4 people attending Horseshoes.

Wendy Graf reports that materials will be bought this week to start construction of the Corn Hole Boards.

Also, there was a $500 donation to the Activities Committee by Bocce.

We want to invite folks from Sara Bay to the Para Bay coffee hour, we will put this in their newsletter.

Tie Blankets are being made in the Sara Bay Rec Hall every Monday at noon, everyone is welcome.

Joyce Farrington says Bingo needs more volunteers for calling.

Jean Colson says the next Craft Bazaar is Saturday, February 5th and is in the newsletter.

Water Aerobics is getting more people and they need more pool noodles and hand weights, asking the Activities Committee to purchase these. Also, would like for the pool to be uncovered before class starts at 9am. Carl Kerr will talk with Kathy, the Park Manager to see what can be done about getting it uncovered.

Donna Matteson reports for Boat & Fishing Club that they do not want to take down tables after their meeting for the next activity. Joyce Nicholson would like to know who is in charge of table setups. There is no person in charge of this and Carl Kerr states he will talk to Kathy in the Office about making sure Maintenance sets up for Bingo.

Bayfest is March 5th and is in need of volunteers. Carl Kerr will talk to Jim Gath about speaking to some people about volunteering.

The Welcome Reception is January 7th from 1-3pm. All Activity Chairpersons need to attend to represent their Activity and answer any questions that new residents may have. Volunteers are needed to bring some refreshments. This is in the newsletter.

Jean Colson is concerned about COVID. The Board of Directors will follow CDC guidelines.

Motion to adjourn, Tom Farrington. Seconded by Jean Colson

Meeting Adjourned at 11:05

Respectfully submitted by Shana Simison

Our next meeting will be on Monday, January 10, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. in the Annex