Activity Committee meeting

                                                             November 22,2021

The meeting was called to order by Jim Gath at 10am. Prayer by Brenda Ocenasek and Pledge of Allegiance recited.

Minutes from the last meeting have been posted. Motion to accept the minutes by Jim Gath and seconded by Tom Farrington.

Jim Gath says that since there will be no Thanksgiving Dinner this year, the money will be spent to buy fireworks for the New Year’s Eve celebration. Jim Gath will buy the fireworks.

Jim Gath was contacted by Angela Collins from the Cortez Fish Festival and states she needs volunteers on February 19th and 20th to work the festival. Jim Gath will share her email address with everyone.

The Committee voted at the last meeting that there would be no Thanksgiving Dinner, however, the hall will be open and tables and chairs available for those who wish to bring food in and enjoy with friends. The kitchen will be off limits as the stove has a gas leak and will not be working until Detwiller’s can get it fixed. Jim Gath will call the office to check on the progress of the stove repair.

Darnel Darr reports that Christmas Dinner will be held by Bocce. Ken Huizinga and Vera Niles will be in charge and will be needing volunteers. Table assignments need to be taken before ordering the Ham.

Darnel says that the Fire Marshal has changed the Rec Hall capacity number to 239 people and Chair People should keep this in mind when planning functions.

Darnel has Christmas tickets. The first Coffee to sign up is December 6th.

Sue Cassidy can no longer organize the Christmas Open House and needs someone to take this over.

Jean Colson would like to make sure the Christmas Bazaar sign is in good condition. Darnel said that Tom Billings has the key to where the sign is stored and Jean should get with Tom to check on the sign. There will be some new vendors, good luncheon, raffle and the blood mobile will also be here.

Debbie Greeves asked if any entertainment is happening in SaraBay? Darnel said they have signed no contracts for this upcoming year.

Tom Colson states that the Geraniums have gone up in price. He has completed the watering schedule.

Darnel says that karaoke will be once a month. Fun fitness is up to 25 people. Entertainment will be reselling tickets for this upcoming season. There are now 4 waiting lists.

Reggie’s party will be December 7th and the Patio Daddios will be playing. Bring a dish and BYOB.

There will be a special Christmas karaoke on December 23rd from 6-7pm, this will be all Christmas music.

Debbie Greeves reports Billy Rice listening event will be November 27th at the Rec Hall. Tickets are $5 at the door. Debbie is concerned who will set up tables and chairs for this event. Jim Gath asked Tom Billings if he could help and Tom stated he would gather a group of volunteers to set the hall up for this event.

Jim Gath reports the 4th street party will be March 3rd from 1-4pm. Tim Chandler will be playing music. There will be lots of food provided and also BYOB.

Brenda Ocenasek asked that people take pictures at events and share them with History Club. She also said the History Club needs volunteers.

Heidi Kiess says Pinochle is at 6:30 in the Annex on Wednesdays. Also, the photo directory is old and wondering if we could get a new one? Jim Gath stated we need to find someone with photography skills to help in this area.

Mary Fox states the first Euchre game is the first Monday in January and is looking for someone to do this until Mary gets back into the park.

Jim Gath stated that the last Bingo will be at the end of December. Joyce Farrington says she will help with Bingo but doesn’t want to be the only one. Joyce Nicholson says it would be good to have 3 or 4 callers. Joyce will post that people are needed in the newsletter.

Motion to adjourn made by Sue Cassidy. Seconded by Darnel Darr. All in favor, meeting adjourned.

Respectfully Submitted by Shana Simison

Our next meeting will be on December 13th at 10:00 a.m. in the Annex.

 

Activities Committee

The PB/SB activities committee meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month from November through March and oversees the clubs and events for the park.

Activity Committee Rules (10 MB)