Activity Committee Meeting

November 8, 2021

The meeting was called to order at 10 am by Jim Gath.

Prayer was said by Dan Smith.

Pledge of Allegiance was recited.

Minutes of the last meeting were approved.

No Secretary or Treasurer report as Wendy and Karen are not yet in the park.

Jim Gath announced that the park is open to all Activities and encouraged everyone to run their activity as usual.

Shana Simison asked for volunteers for the next coffee hour on November 15th. Joyce Nicholson, Dan Smith, Dian Darrah and Tom Colson agreed to help.

Old Business-Shana Simison announced that the quote for the electronic digital sign from Guthman signs has been accepted by the Board of Directors and the Activity Committee will donate $3,000 to the new sign.

New Business-Debbie Greeves would like to propose that volunteers from Paradise Bay help at the Cortez fish festival in February. Jim Gath stated we have had volunteers in the past and it has worked out very well.

Committee ReportsSue Cassidy announced that Tom Billings will be in the lead for hot dog sales at Bingo on November 15th .

Dian Darrah stated that she cannot get the Turkeys this year for Thanksgiving and does not have enough people to help as well. After some discussion, a motion was made by Debbie Grieves and seconded by Sue Cassidy to cancel Thanksgiving dinner November 2021. The motion passed unanimously.

Debbie Rogers will check with the office to find out new shareholder information so Activity Committee can welcome them and give info about the park and what is available.

Debbie Greeves reported that she has music and food trucks lined up for 2022 and gave a handout of who will be performing and what food trucks will be here. Debbie would like the Activity Committee to provide refreshments for November 27th entertainment, an evening with Billy Rice. Jim Gath approved.

Sheila Gilstrap reported that Boat & Fish had their first meeting and it all went very well. She encouraged people to attend the meetings and said the boat and fish is even considering having a boat parade. The next meeting is December 7th at 9 am.

Tom Colson said the planting of Geraniums will be November 10th and he needs volunteers to water.

Jean Colson said the Craft Bazaar will be held Sat. December 4th. Linda Fortier is assisting Jean and this is very helpful. Linda attended Coffee hour Nov. 1st and announced the craft bazaar information.

Joyce Nicholson stated that people can get a copy of the newsletter at the office or go online to our website.

Motion to adjourn made by Tom Farrington, seconded by Joyce Nicholson. The meeting was adjourned at 11:10

Respectively submitted by Shana Simison

Our next meeting will be November 22, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. in the Annex

Activities Committee

The PB/SB activities committee meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month from November through March and oversees the clubs and events for the park.

Activity Committee Rules (10 MB)